Friday 19 May 2017

Cycling Snapshots// Arashiyama Bamboo Forest, Japan


Tsundoku (n.) Japanese word for a pile of unread books. I'm taking next week off to make a dent in my pile, go on a cycling adventure and turn 35 (shh). Last year I was cycling around beautiful Kyoto. This was the view from my bike.


Kyoto is really flat so very easy to cycle around. You can cover a lot of ground by bike so if you are only there for a short amount of time hiring a bike is the best way to see as many sights and the amazing scenery between. Many hostels offer really cheap bike hire.


There are cycle lanes and if they aren't you are allowed to cycle slowly on the pavements. They drive on the left so if you are from the UK, you don't have to translate your cycling. 


I got politely told off by a policeman who asked me to cycle on the pavement as the road I was on was a bit dangerous.  


If you are planning a trip to Japan (Japlanning), read my book recommendations in Wanderlust Magazine.

  


🚲🇯🇵❤️🎎🎋📚📚

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Thanks for sharing such informative blog article with us in which you have shared authentic information about himachal pradesh tour packages in delhi. Please

    ReplyDelete